The Kiama Cultural Board is a committee of Kiama Council and made up of of local community representatives and elected Councillors.
Current members of the Board are:
- Mayor Mark Honey
- Cr Neil Reilly
- Cr Kathy Rice
- Dr Catherine Carr
- Tamara Campbell
- Judy White
- Gregor Cullen
- Terri Rowe
- Mike Lothian
- Anthony Body
- Gail Morgan
The Kiama Cultural Board aims to:
- encourage artistic practice and involvement in our local government area
- advise Council on cultural concerns within the Kiama local government area
- provide support to Council on artistic and cultural matters that exist in our community.
The Board does this by working closely with Council’s Community and Cultural Development Officer and through the distribution of Kiama Council’s Cultural Grants.
The Board meets on a Thursday evening from 5.30pm to 7.30pm every two months (more if required).
The Cultural Board is always willing to hear from local artists and arts enthusiasts about issues and projects to do with the cultural arts in Kiama. You can contact the Board through Council’s Community and Cultural Development Officer on (02) 4232 0459 or email Louise.
The Cultural Board currently have a position available for a community member to join the Board.
The Board’s role is to:
- organise and make recommendations on our Cultural Grants and Youth Arts Scholarships
- support and advise our Community and Cultural Development Officer
- be involved in cultural and arts planning in our local government area
- act as a representative between the community and council on arts and cultural concerns
- make recommendations to Council on specific arts and cultural concerns.
As a formal Committee of Council, the Kiama Cultural Board operates under Council’s policy and procedural framework and all our board members are expected to act in a way that meets this structure.