Kiama Council’s annual Cultural Grants funding round is now open and will close on Sunday 7 March 2021.
The Grants make available a total of $20,000 each financial year for arts based projects to be undertaken in the Kiama local government area.
There will now be only one funding round per financial year, however applications can be submitted for:
- Up to $2500
- Up to $5000
- Up to $10 000
Please ensure that you read the Guidelines in full and dicuss your project with Council’s Community and Cultural Development Officer at least 2 weeks before the closing date.
Kiama’s Cultural Grants support local artists and creatives, to explore and grow their arts practice, while also encouraging the broader community and visitors, to experience an exciting and diversified range of art forms and creative endeavours.
The objectives of the Kiama Cultural Grants are:
- Explore innovative arts practices and interdisciplinary collaboration that advances Kiama’s arts profile in the wider community
- Expand the understanding and utilise the power of the arts, cultural, social, educational, economic, and psychological benefits, for the overall health and wellbeing of the Kiama community and its visitors.
- Advance the professional learning and educational outcomes for artists.
- Improve the collaborative and mentoring opportunities for artists.
- Push the boundaries for community engagement with the arts through interactive, immersive and cutting edge art experiences.
- Demonstrate inclusive practices that actively engage our diverse community ie gender, sexual and cultural diversity, ability and age.
Kiama Council is proud of its creative community and the opportunity to support artists and creatives in their practice. Council also values the engagement of community members and visitors in artistic and creative experiences that enhance well-being, exploration, growth, healing, insight and connection.