with Lissa-Jane De Sailles
This one day workshop will give participants a chance to explore a number of basketry techniques that can be used to make beautiful ‘woven wearables’.
We will experiment with twining, knotting, braiding, looping and cordage making techniques and how to embellish by incorporating beads, found objects and upcycled materials.
- earring hooks,
- waxed linen thread,
- seed beads with large holes,
- deconstructed necklaces,
- chenille needles size 18/22,
- crochet hooks 1.75, 2.50,
- wire and found objects (such as shells, stones, seeds, pods).
- Also linen yarn, hemp, sari thread, paper string, PVA glue, fabric scraps – silk or stretch, small scissors, notepad and pen.
Its time to raid your cupboards and gather all those pieces you’ve had lying around, and make some funky sustainable jewellery pieces in this fun workshops with Lissa!
Date: Saturday 4th May 2019
Time: 10am – 3pm
Where: Kiama, NSW
Cost: $150 per person –Includes morning and afternoon tea
To book: email email@example.com or call Rhonda on 0438 359 595