Wollongong City Council
CLOSES 4 FEBRUARY 2019
Wollongong City Council offers not only jobs but careers. If you are looking for a career with a variety of opportunities, the chance to make a difference and add value to the community, we have a lot to offer!
CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Fulltime | Limited Term – 12 Months
Salary from $1703.55 up to $2036.79 per week plus superannuation
(Depending upon qualifications and experience)
Recruitment No 19004
Are you a strong leader with a passion for arts and culture?
We are seeking a Cultural Development Coordinator to provide leadership and strategic direction to our cultural services team. Supporting a vibrant, positive and energised team, the successful applicant will combine their exceptional communication, project management, leadership and interpersonal skills to deliver quality programs and services across the arts and culture sector including managing delivery of the Cultural Plan.
This role is limited term for a period of 12 months with the possibility of extension subject to operational needs.
Enjoy all the benefits of a major city balanced with a relaxed coastal lifestyle! Wollongong City Council supports and encourages career development, personal and professional growth, appreciates the importance of work/life balance, recognises and rewards performance and embraces change.
How to Apply
For this role, you are required to address each of the selection criteria outlined below in a separate written document and attach to your application.
1. A relevant recognised degree qualification appropriate to the position.
2. Demonstrated experience in the management and delivery of arts and cultural programs and services.
3. Demonstration of the principles and practices of community cultural development, access and equity and social justice.
4. Highly developed organisational and project management skills including the ability to plan, implement and manage multiple programs and services within strict deadlines, including preparation and management of budgets.
5. Demonstrated skills to effectively manage and lead staff, implement change, and develop a team-based culture.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including problem solving, conflict resolution, and the ability to develop productive and professional relationships with diverse stakeholders.
7. Knowledge of and commitment to organisational Values and participative work practices, and an ability to promote and apply them in the workplace.
8. Demonstrated understanding of and ability to implement and monitor WHS systems, policies and procedures.
9. Current Class C driver’s licence.
For further information regarding this position contact Sofia Gibson, Community + Cultural Development Manager on (02) 4227 8845.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 12 midday Monday 4 February 2019.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.