About the Creative Container:
The Creative Container was developed to support the creative community to access a public space to develop and showcase their work and to activate the Arts Precinct. The Creative Container project was informed by Wollongong City Council’s Creative Spaces strategy and the Cultural Plan 2014-2018.
The Creative Container is approximately 6 meters long, 2.5 meters wide and 2.4 meters high. There is a deck and ramp entry. Gallery hanging system, lighting and electricity is available. There are public toilets located close by.
Expressions of Interest:
After a pilot Artist in Residence project during February and March 2018, Cultural Services are seeking Expressions of Interest from artists, makers and community groups to utilize the Creative Container as a short term creative space.
Activities that may be accepted are; exhibitions, creative displays, art workshops, writers and artist studios and ‘out of the box’ ideas. Activities that engage the public are highly encouraged.
There is no cost to utilize the Creative Container. In exchange all programs must be free for the community to access. However, you may sell your displayed artwork. The Creative Container is available from April 2018.
The Creative Container is available for short term projects ranging from a single day to a couple of weeks. Some projects might have non-exclusive use of the container to provide more opportunities to other artists and the public. This can be negotiated at the time of your acceptance in the program.
Successful applicants will enter into a Participation Agreement and will complete a site induction, Risk Assessment form and sign a key registry form. Applicants are expected to have their own Public Liability Insurance (PLI). Some exceptions might apply for exhibition/display only proposals.
- Applicants working within any of the arts disciplines
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants must have Public Liability Insurance (PLI) or have the ability to obtain PLI if successful in their application
- Applicants who live in Wollongong LGA are encouraged to apply
- Applicants working with hazardous materials and/or wood and metal working machinery cannot However we can keep your Expressions of Interest on file in case a suitable studio becomes available
Application Submission Date
Applications close 5pm Monday 2nd April 2018.