This time last year we got the shocking news that for the first time in its history, NAVA had lost its Australia Council funding.
We warmly thank you for continuing to subscribe and now ask for your ongoing support. Together we can make a difference.
One year on, NAVA is building its independence. 65% of our core work is now subsidised by people like you who directly support:
- advocacy campaigns, currently ‘Fair Pay for Artists’
- key industry research like ‘The Economics of Australia’s small-to-medium visual arts sector’
- updating of NAVA’s Code of Practice (which sets industry fee rates and best practice standards).
Membership fees and donations also keep our office running so we can provide timely advice via phone, email and our website on all aspects of professional art practice.
We also have added several new membership benefits including:
- 10% discount at all Eckersley’s Art & Craft supplies stores nationally
- Discounted freight with King & Wilson in Sydney and Melbourne and surrounds
- Transit & Exhibition Insurance (opt in)
- Personal Accident insurance cover for our Premium Plus members
- Plus this month the first 25 x one year NAVA memberships receive the June/July issue of Art Monthly Australasia
For NAVA to continue to represent, protect and promote the Australian visual arts sector, we ask you to join/rejoin annually as a member starting at just $7/month, tax deductible.