Part Time Maternity Relief
(Reference Number: 57/17)
We are seeking an Arts and Cultural Development Officer to plan and deliver arts and cultural initiatives of Council. Reporting to the Manager Community and Cultural Life you will be responsible for planning, supporting and delivering arts and cultural strategies, plans and programs that contribute towards a vibrant, safe and inclusive Shellharbour City.
- Tertiary qualifications in arts/cultural development, social sciences and/or extensive experience in the cultural development and public art field
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing, implementing and managing cultural development and public art programs and in making art accessible to the general public
- Demonstrated skills in grant writing, policy development and the ability to research and analyse information, prepare reports and make recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of government, service providers, artists, staff and the community to establish positive working relationships
- Proven ability to work constructively and positively in a team environment as well as work independently
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WH&S and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Ability to pass a National Police Record Check
- Experience working in Local Government
This is a part time 30 hours per week maternity relief position up to 12 months.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government State Award, relevant legislation and Council’s policies and procedures. The position is Grade 17 under Council’s salary system with a salary up to $1235.12 per week depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
An extension to the temporary period may occur without further advertising.
For further information about this position, including details on applying for a position with Shellharbour City Council please see Council’s website at
Enquiries may be directed to Sarah Townend on 4221 6111.
Written applications quoting the reference number, addressing the above selection criteria and a resume including contact details for at least two referees close Friday 4.00pm, 26 May 2017.
Please mark your application “Confidential Job Application” and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shellharbour City Council is an equal opportunity employer