The City of Kogarah Art Prize is an annual acquisitive prize for painting in any medium, with an open theme and prizes valued at $14,000.
It’s the Kogarah Art Prize’s fifth year in 2016 and we’re celebrating! To mark the prize’s fifth year the main Kogarah Art Prize has been increased to $10,000, bringing the total prize money to $14,000.
Council is pleased to announce that this year’s Kogarah Art Prize judge is Dr Gene Sherman AM. Dr Sherman is Chair and Executive Director of Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation (SCAF), a philanthropic organisation dedicated to exhibiting significant contemporary art from Australia, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. For 21 years Dr Sherman was the Director of Sherman Galleries. As a gallerist, curator, academic and philanthropist, Dr Sherman has made a significant contribution to the Australian cultural landscape and it is an honour to have her judge this year’s Kogarah Art Prize.
Entries are now open for the 2016 Kogarah Art Prize. Entry form and conditions.
If you are unable to download or print the entry form please contact us at email@example.com and we will post or email you a copy, or click here for a printer-friendly version of the Entry From that you can print and complete. Ensure you read and accept the Conditions of Entry. The Conditions of Entry contain all the information you need to enter the Art Prize, including eligibility, how to submit your entry, and important dates.
All entries must be received by Monday 2 May 2016 at 5pm.
- The Kogarah Art Prize is the major prize of $10,000 and is open to all Australian residents.
- The Place of Reeds Prize for a local artist of $3,000 is open to artists living in the Kogarah local government area.
- Commended prizes: $1,000 total.
- People’s Choice Prize: $250 framing voucher
Like us on Facebook.
Kogarah Art Prize Exhibition
The Kogarah Art Prize Finalists’ Exhibition will be held Tuesday 7 June until Sunday 3 July. Everyone is invited to join the Mayor, Councillor Stephen Agius and the judge, Dr Gene Sherman, on Opening Night for the winners’ announcement 7pm, Friday 10 June 2016 at Kogarah Library and Cultural Centre.
Previous winners and judges of the Kogarah Art Prize are:
- Craig Handley – Judge John McDonald, SMH (2015)
- Anh Do – Judge Anne Loxley, MCA (2014)
- Virginia Coventry – Judge Aida Tomescu (2013)
- David van Nunen – Judge Barry Pearce, AGNSW (2012)