Applications for the NSW Young Regional Artist Scholarships are now open.
Submissions close 5pm (AEDT Sydney) Thursday, June 11.
The NSW Young Regional Artist Scholarships are offered by the State Government to support young artists from regional NSW to undertake a self-directed professional development program or project in their chosen field.
In 2015, 25 Young Regional Artist Scholarships will be offered.
Scholarship recipients will be awarded $10,000.
The scholarships are open to artists and performers from all art forms, including dance, design, digital arts, history, Aboriginal arts, literature, music, theatre, screen and the visual arts.
Activities could include:
– travel (international and/or national)
– mentorships or internships with recognised arts organisations
– residencies at institutions/organisations
– short-term courses, workshops or other training (Note: The Scholarship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
– creation of new work
– any combination of the above.
Successful applicants will be announced in August 2015.
Successful applicants will be encouraged to share learnings and outcomes of their scholarship through a presentation, blog, interview, exhibition, workshop or other means to be negotiated with Arts NSW.
Applicants should read the 2015 NSW Young Regional Artists Scholarships Guidelines before applying.
Arts NSW staff can assist you to submit your online application. Please contact Barbara Vickery, 9995 0656 if you need support.